Strikers Cup League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» MSC Discord
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 am by JaySkyBlue

» for those lost in the past
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:10 pm by Shad0winvadr

» THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING DEAD, IT MAKES BRAWL LOOK NOT DEAD
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:46 am by Hacked by MelBester9

» Proof lombre is homosexual/low IQ/cant tell gender/disliked/*Think of one yourself*
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:31 am by Hacked by MelBester9

» Its time to say! Good bye! It was fun until it lasted! GGS
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:02 am by Shad0winvadr

» New Wiimmfi League
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 pm by Red9378

» Boohead's farewell
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:19 pm by boohead86

» Colygrim's Farewell
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:00 am by Shad0winvadr

» MSC Hacks (a title ranging between 10 and 255 characters)
Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:01 pm by RickyRam

Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shad0winvadr
Admin
Shad0winvadr

Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? Empty
PostSubject: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 am

So there would be an option that allows you to take a random item after your opponent scores but they get to start with the ball again.

Things to consider:

-Probably worse to allow a trickster captain to have the extra start up.
-Would it be worth it if you got two items?
Back to top Go down
atangerine
Admin
atangerine

PostSubject: Re: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Shad0winvadr wrote:
So there would be an option that allows you to take a random item after your opponent scores but they get to start with the ball again.

Things to consider:

-Probably worse to allow a trickster captain to have the extra start up.
-Would it be worth it if you got two items?

Depends on who you're playing. If it's someone you have played many times before, I would go with the item, because I probably know what he/she is going to do. Also, most of my gameplay if based on defense, so having someone score on me during the start up usually doesn't happen Razz
Back to top Go down
Treesus
Admin
Treesus

PostSubject: Re: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Essentially an item used correctly= a high chance at goal. It does NOT equal a goal, so there is really no reason to trade an item for a goal unless you are a shooter that is down by 2 or more goals. Since shooters can cycle, they can use their item to clear, get a decent chance at a goal, and get another item which amounts to another chance at goal. This would really only be recognizably beneficial when they are down and begin to pull stronger items, otherwise this is a trash trade off.

In my opinion, 2 items would be worth a goal as using both would most likely give you an auto goal (unless you get 2 nanas) and you could sometimes just get away with using one, leaving you with an extra item/chance at goal.
Back to top Go down
atangerine
Admin
atangerine

PostSubject: Re: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Treesus wrote:
Essentially an item used correctly= a high chance at goal. It does NOT equal a goal, so there is really no reason to trade an item for a goal unless you are a shooter that is down by 2 or more goals. Since shooters can cycle, they can use their item to clear, get a decent chance at a goal, and get another item which amounts to another chance at goal. This would really only be recognizably beneficial when they are down and begin to pull stronger items, otherwise this is a trash trade off.

In my opinion, 2 items would be worth a goal as using both would most likely give you an auto goal (unless you get 2 nanas) and you could sometimes just get away with using one, leaving you with an extra item/chance at goal.

It's not 1 goal for 1 item. It's after your opponent scores, you can either get an item (but let them start off with the ball) or just start normally.
Back to top Go down
Treesus
Admin
Treesus

PostSubject: Re: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Imma leave my old post cause was gudsht. Answering the actual question, I would take my own start off if I had my own item or my opponent did not know my start ups.
I would immediately take the item if I was down by a few goals, or if my opponent had a good captain special (e.g. petey mudsling, or super luigig).
Aside from that it's situational.
Back to top Go down
lBerble

lBerble

PostSubject: Re: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:27 pm

I agree with Tangy if I know what he will do then having an item is a better option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?   Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you give up possession after your opponent scores for a free item?
Page 1 of 1