Strikers Cup League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» MSC Discord
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 am by JaySkyBlue

» for those lost in the past
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:10 pm by Shad0winvadr

» THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING DEAD, IT MAKES BRAWL LOOK NOT DEAD
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:46 am by Hacked by MelBester9

» Proof lombre is homosexual/low IQ/cant tell gender/disliked/*Think of one yourself*
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:31 am by Hacked by MelBester9

» Its time to say! Good bye! It was fun until it lasted! GGS
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:02 am by Shad0winvadr

» New Wiimmfi League
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 pm by Red9378

» Boohead's farewell
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:19 pm by boohead86

» Colygrim's Farewell
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:00 am by Shad0winvadr

» MSC Hacks (a title ranging between 10 and 255 characters)
Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:01 pm by RickyRam

Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules

Go down 
+2
Miles
coheed&cambria
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coheed&cambria

coheed&cambria

Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules Empty
PostSubject: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 am

The general guideline for the pure tricking tourney rules will be ANYTHING BANNED IN THE SHOOTER TOURNEY. All goals MUST utilize the z button, even though some tricks use shots to finish. Some examples of the most questionable/controversial banned and legal goals are as follows:

Banned:
-Cycle shots: THIS IS IMPORTANT- it will be ILLEGAL to intentionally take a charge shot in order to receive an item, even if it doesn't have much chance to go in. This is a deliberate shot attempt and is banned.
-Skillshots
-Quick picks
-The magic touch (often referred to as "floaters", ie the red ball medium character shot)
-Any cross court passes or setups

Legal:
-Self pass: pass to shot. This is the only type of "shooting" that is allowed, and by this trick I mean the ones where you attempt a self pass, but use a pass instead of a shot, then the character receiving the pass performs a one time shot.
-Z chipping as a form of pass, for example, when you send a high z chip in near the goal, and switch characters for the shot.
-Standard self pass
-Diana's safe landing
-Crystal Smash or Wally Wall goals
-Titans chip
-Serve it up
-Bug spray
-Belgium waffle
-Teleports
-Rebounding all missed tricks with a shot is completely legal

NOTICE: this is not the official rules set, it is simply a proposal of rules to help ease some work load off of Miles and give him something to consider for rules. If you have any questions, concerns, or additions to the rules that I may have missed, please comment so that it can be updated. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miles
Admin
Miles

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 am

Also I think it would be wise to ban all medium and power players from the tourney as they will be completely useless to a tricking team.

So only wally, daisy, boo, dry bones, peach, diddy, toad allowed?

What do you think? This avoids the "accidentally shot" incident.
Back to top Go down
https://mschargedsky.forumotion.com
Zizou
Admin
Zizou

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:44 pm

I agree with Miles but I do think floaters should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
coheed&cambria

coheed&cambria

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:59 pm

i dont see how you can agree with miles and say floaters are allowed lol. only mediums can do floaters so if you ban them then you cant do a floater anyway. also, it was legal in the shooter tourney and only uses a shot, with no z chip, i think its out.

and i think i agree with that miles.
Back to top Go down
Zizou
Admin
Zizou

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 pm

What I think I have a different idea of what a floater is...
Back to top Go down
waLuigi me

waLuigi me

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Ziz is thinking of when you teleport and you do a lob shot and kritter falls over.
Back to top Go down
HaLR

HaLR

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 pm

nah i think any character should be allowed. but if your dumb enough to put your self at a disadvantage like that then go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Miles
Admin
Miles

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Sorry I have been busy guys. I will get this shit running soon as I can. Also I have another proposition.

If a player is supposed to play his opponent and does not show up for 2 consecutive days, it is a dq for the inactive. No exceptions.

Example: halr and cc are supposed to play round 1 on Sunday. If halr is gone Sunday and Monday, Monday at mdnight halr gets the dq. Evem if he is here tues morning. What do you think?

Also, what kind of tourney do you all want? Single? Double elim? Round robin?
Back to top Go down
https://mschargedsky.forumotion.com
HaLR

HaLR

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 am

yeah i like the DQ idea. and i guess id say double elimination since thats what we are all used to but whatever works.
Back to top Go down
coheed&cambria

coheed&cambria

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:50 pm

yeah, i like the DQ rule. and double elimination would probably be easiest just because it is what everyone else is used to.
Back to top Go down
Colygrim

Colygrim

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:47 pm

What about the self pass tactic where you self pass infront of the goalie to make him commit somewhere and you get an open shot after the self pass out? I'm guessing that would be illegal since it utilizes the B button twice
Back to top Go down
coheed&cambria

coheed&cambria

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:20 pm

lol coly, i covered that in the original topic xD

it is legal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules   Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed Pure Tricking Tourney Rules
Page 1 of 1