Strikers Cup League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» MSC Discord
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 am by JaySkyBlue

» for those lost in the past
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:10 pm by Shad0winvadr

» THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING DEAD, IT MAKES BRAWL LOOK NOT DEAD
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:46 am by Hacked by MelBester9

» Proof lombre is homosexual/low IQ/cant tell gender/disliked/*Think of one yourself*
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:31 am by Hacked by MelBester9

» Its time to say! Good bye! It was fun until it lasted! GGS
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:02 am by Shad0winvadr

» New Wiimmfi League
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 pm by Red9378

» Boohead's farewell
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:19 pm by boohead86

» Colygrim's Farewell
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:00 am by Shad0winvadr

» MSC Hacks (a title ranging between 10 and 255 characters)
MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:01 pm by RickyRam

MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Miles
Admin
Miles

MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) Empty
PostSubject: MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged)   MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 pm

I've been thinking a lot about encouraging activities on the site and giving players including myself incentive to improve and rank myself competitively against other site members. I do feel a lot of the competitive spirit has been lost over the years due to many factors but its something I at least want to try rekindle. But in order to do that I would need support of those interested in being involved. If too few people try to organize community events it always crashes and burns.

my idea is to run weekly tournaments. The intent is for them to be short and quick. Anyone who signs up for these agrees to be available at least once a day for that week to play matches. At the end of the week, the results will be published to the site, and after the first two weeks, a power rankings will be developed based on the average of everyone's previous placements.

once initial power rankings are developed, every time you enter a new weekly tournament, you will be placed in the bracket according to your seed in the power rankings.

there will be two power rankings on the site: an "all time" rankings. And a "current" rankings. This is to prevent a player from winning one tournament and then "retiring" thus staying at the top of the power rankings forever. In order for a player to be in the current power rankings they must have played in at least one of the last three tournaments. Otherwise they will be removed from the list and kept only in the all time list. Their average placement/seeding will be retained so that once they come out of inactivity, the next weekly they play in they will be seeded appropriately.

let me know if you guys like or hate the idea. Or have ideas to make it better.
Back to top Go down
https://mschargedsky.forumotion.com
atangerine
Admin
atangerine

PostSubject: Re: MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged)   MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:56 pm

I think this is a great idea. However, I think that these should be bi- or even tri- weekly events. That way, other tournaments can come up whenever too.

I also think the power rankings should also apply to all tournaments, not just weeklies.

Finally, I kind of want to host a huge tournament with prizes every few (like 3-5) months. Kind of like an Apex or Zenith type tournament. We would invite everyone to play and have prizes like online gift cards or something (prizes can be debated later).
Back to top Go down
lBerble

lBerble

PostSubject: Re: MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged)   MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Sounds like a great idea that I'd definitely be up for. However, I don't think being able to play at least a game a day is a good idea because I feel like some people might not sign up if they're not sure if they have time every day of that week. Maybe we could let people finish there games in an amount per day but just by the end of the week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged)   MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged) Empty

Back to top Go down

MSC weeklies (suggestions encouraged)
Page 1 of 1