HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics

Share | 

PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ARBOK

PostSubject: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Sat May 18, 2013 6:37 pm

It has recently come to our attention that Next Level Games, who developed MSC, is reaching out to gamers via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Next-Level-Games/100238136829963?fref=ts). This starkly contrasts their usual detachment from their games' community. NLG, which is not exactly the largest development studio in the games industry, probably wants to know that they still have fans, to know that they are capable of getting more fans, and / or learn how to give their fans what they want.

We, as what remains of the Strikers community, are absolutely obliged to support them in response. Consequently, I have announced an ongoing project, herein referred to as PROJECT THANKS NLG, on behalf of us. Although it's a bit ambitious, you are totally capable of participating in even the most minor ways, and should do so.

The goals of this project are as follows:

MAIN GOAL 1: Dedicate a newfound Mario Strikers Charged montage to NLG, complete with a voiced introduction thanking NLG for creating MSC as well as subsequent gameplay featuring the high-level play that typifies what we love about MSC, and post it on their Facebook page.

We need a 10 minute long video showing NLG why we love their game in order to thank them genuinely. Playing MSC is not enough; we need fan-labor to sincerely express our interest in their game. This is very accomplishable, but it will take a bit of coordination between our community.

Firstly, we need an introductory speech of sorts, preferably eighty seconds long. I want it to be voiced by multiple people so that it gives off an impression that NLG's fans are speaking to them. If you can get on Skype and say a few words, someone can and will record them into a sound file, and your Skype minutes will translate into real work towards the progress of this project. I will provide the speech once this project gains recognition in our community and we can work from there.

Secondly (although primarily), we need a god-tier MSC montage to show NLG. We will take our time over a few weeks to build a respectable 8 minutes and 30 seconds portraying Strikers' depth as a game, showing them in the process exactly what it is that we cherish about MSC. This will not be a trickshot video or collection of extreme plays / luckshots; think of our video as more akin to Agon2, which showcases competitive gameplay.

The second part of the video will offer a brilliant mixture of tricking, shooting, and competent defensive play on both sides of the field. I need people to record every match that they can, find clips that have at least two of the above offerings (the last is most important, especially if it showcases both players predicting each other; that conretely portrays MSC's metagame), and send those clips to me for judgment. The clip featured in the opening of Agon2 is a great example of the style of what is being looked for here.

We will also need a video editor once I have obtained the necessary clips. This should not be hard to find given the montages that have been created by our current members. No major special effects are required for the editor to create, but an ability to piece things together and maybe do a bit of slow-mo is valuable to this cause.

MAIN GOAL 2: Get NLG some likes on Facebook and frequent / comment on their page on a regular basis.

This goal starts with you and ends with your friends. Simply, if NLG sees more activity on their page, a conversation between them and their fans (us) is begun. They will appreciate this almost as much as we will.

Firstly, hit the like button on their page if you haven't already, and visit it every now and then. You should naturally be compelled to say something to them or reply to something they have posted, so this isn't very hard. If you don't have an FB, get one and complete this process from there, even if the account doesn't portray your "real life" self. Also, remind NLG that you want a third Strikers; they will typically respond that you should mail Nintendo about it (and you should), but keep persisting in this matter, even if you aren't speaking directly to NLG on their page.

Secondly, find your MSC-playing friends and tell them about NLG's new page (Luigi's Mansion 2 fans are also relevant; tell them that NLG has been a good developer even before LM2). However you can tell your friends about this, employ that means to contact them about this matter. If they even touched MSC once, that's a potential "like" for NLG. You don't need to get 500 people to like their page, obviously, but whatever fans you can make visible gives NLG some confidence for their future.

OTHER GOALS: Potential beatdowns, personal creative efforts, and whatever the hell else you can think of

Whatever we can do to thank NLG is desirable. I'm having difficulty thinking up other actions we can take, so your recommendations are welcome.

One possibility of action is that we can have a beatdown in which multiple people name their Miis as "THANKS NLG". We could then screenshot the leaderboards and post it on NLG's Facebook. They'd be sure to like this, although there is a serious obstacle to doing this nowadays because of hackers and a limited player base. The former issue literally cannot be overcome if it presents itself, and the latter issue means that beatdowners will probably fight each other frequently, demanding in the process that players do not fight each other and boost the higher ranked player in each match. Still, a beatdown dedicated to NLG is a possibility for our cause.

Another is that someone could do some artwork in the spirit of this cause. In example, a picture of Bowser and Waluigi squaring off on a soccer field with "THANKS NLG" in a background would be cool to post on NLG's page.

Help this cause however you can. Just start by saying you'll volunteer your efforts, follow up on that a little, and we'll eventually have something respectable for the developer we love. Let's get started on giving NLG the respect it has long deserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atangerine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Sat May 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Don't forget to email! NLG may appreciate what we do, but in the end, it's Nintendo's decision.

Take 30 seconds emailing Nintendo asking for a sequel to Mario Strikers Charged.

LINK: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shad0winvadr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Sun May 19, 2013 11:18 pm

this needs to be done fast..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batman

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Tue May 21, 2013 6:36 pm

em ess see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Tue May 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Just send em 10 series of bhead vs shadow and they'll understand why a new msc needs to be made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colygrim

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 pm

"We will also need a video editor once I have obtained the necessary clips. This should not be hard to find given the montages that have been created by our current members. No major special effects are required for the editor to create, but an ability to piece things together and maybe do a bit of slow-mo is valuable to this cause."

Windows Movie Maker and/or iMovie would be the way to go with video editing.

Also, if there is a upcoming beatdown or if anyone wants to record a match against one of the few shooters left at this site, let me know via Facebook if you have me added. I'll be more than willing to help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shad0winvadr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Colygrim wrote:
"We will also need a video editor once I have obtained the necessary clips. This should not be hard to find given the montages that have been created by our current members. No major special effects are required for the editor to create, but an ability to piece things together and maybe do a bit of slow-mo is valuable to this cause."

Also, if there is a upcoming beatdown or if anyone wants to record a match against one of the few shooters left at this site, let me know via Facebook if you have me added. I'll be more than willing to help

right, right. Windows Movie Maker and iMovie of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colygrim

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Shad0winvadr wrote:
Colygrim wrote:

right, right. Windows Movie Maker and iMovie of course.

iMovie however is an app you have to buy unless you have a MacBook, in that case you already come with it pre-installed.

iMovie has better features and easier to manipulate the clips the way you imagine while Windows Live Movie Maker doesnt

Also ay yo Shadoe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)   

Back to top Go down

PROJECT THANKS NLG (please sticky, discuss, and link!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1