HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics

Share | 

Msc Theorycrafting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Batman

PostSubject: Msc Theorycrafting   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

random situations i run into in matches where in the aftermath i realize i could have played better. Posting ones that to me are interesting

safe landings are typically never used because a self pass is more useful in the majority of situations. a safe landing could be useful in a scenario where there is a fast break 1 on 1 with a defensive character such as monty or birdo. By performing a self pass the offensive player is committing himself to placing to a straight line that the defender can easily tackle to defend. By using a safe landing with a speed character the offensive player can effectively dodge incoming defense from a slow character and still have the time to make it back to the ball and score.

With safe landing

With selfpass

will add more as they come up, this particular situation came from a set with yuki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atangerine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Msc Theorycrafting   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 pm

That looks like a really tight squeeze between the incoming hit and Kritter's range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Msc Theorycrafting   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 pm

atangerine wrote:
That looks like a really tight squeeze between the incoming hit and Kritter's range.
rough drawing, and kritter wont attack players that dont have the ball
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Msc Theorycrafting   Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Look like a difficult shot to make. Especially if birdo or mole or anyone with great defense coming at you. I know 100% i cant make those shot. Only way I'll make those shots if i have a drybone to deke or chip it in when using my items to protect Myself. But good players like Batman, julien, YD or berble can easily make self pass Goals without breaking. A sweat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shad0winvadr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Msc Theorycrafting   Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Or you could perform the same dodging maneuver but keep the ball and do a serve it in. I feel like this is even safer to prevent a slide/hit from tampering safe landings trajectory, which can happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Msc Theorycrafting   Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Shad0winvadr wrote:
Or you could perform the same dodging maneuver but keep the ball and do a serve it in. I feel like this is even safer to prevent a slide/hit from tampering safe landings trajectory, which can happen.
ye i kinda thought of that as well earlier today, best continuation is corner self pass if the offensive player is good at it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
★YD★(¢τ)

PostSubject: Nice    Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:12 pm

but its true what 2K said its easy to put off
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Mscsky.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Msc Theorycrafting   

Back to top Go down

Msc Theorycrafting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top