HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics

Share | 

4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MSCownage

PostSubject: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Hey y'all. I've recently started playing msc, and I really think that we should get another tourney going. The last one didn't go through because of inactivity. Only join if you will be active. Post a reply of any ideas you might have for a theme for the next MSC tourney. If someone knows how to make a bracket or can teach me how to make one that would be greatly appreciated. (:

Just throwing out some ideas: We could do just a standard tourney (use whoever), we could have a limitation to a certain character class (fast captains, medium, heavy etc.) Tell me what you think and post your own ideas. I really want to go through with this and freshen up the game since I've been hearing on the chat that some people would like another tourney.

-cow

1:52pm 4/9/12 update: Standard Tournament Double Elimination. SIGN UP FOR REGISTRATION BY POSTING AS A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
-cow

Last edited by MSCownage on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MSCownage

PostSubject: 4/9/12 MSC Standard Double Elimination Tournament (Current Participants)   Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:00 am

This is a list of all the current participants for the new MSC Tournament:
-CC
-HaLR
-Yukioh
-Treesus
-Julien
-Skipz
-Cow
-Eisen
-Boohead86
-Mel
-Skeetz
-Berble
-Paolito
-Young D
-Boo
-Imaname
*Shoot me a message on the main chat if you want to participant in this MSC tournament so I can add your name to this list. -Thanks Very Happy
-Cow

Last edited by MSCownage on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien MSC

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 am

I am in for the tourney. Have fun.

Take it or leave it, or even discuss it. My suggestion for rules is:

No boo glitch, drybones glitch.
Everything else is part of the game and assumed fair. cyclops
That is it. No more limits.

Series in classroom, first to 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eru.

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 am

I agree on unlimited rules besides the mentioned glitches, though I think whoever is playing should confirm how each of them wants to play. If one wants to void instas and teledeking, a request should be made. Not sure if the request should be followed via rules or only if the other player has the courtesy to oblige the request. I guess it depends on how many people want/don't want tele and insta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boohead86

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 pm

I agree with some of the rules, but i don't want the following,

1. Boo dekes/glitch

2. Teles.

3. Insta-chips.

4. No DK/Wally home

5. No Crystal Smash.

if most of these rules are applied I'll be okay with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien MSC

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 pm

I think Eru is going somewhere when he says both players of a match should agree on specific rules otherwise the default rules will be applied no matter what.

If they cannot get to an agreement for other specific rules in front of a witness on chat, the default rule of everything but glitch is applied to their match.

They should also agree on characters and sides.

----
I think that teleports, toad's and boo's dekes are defended by tackling the player prior or after he performs it through the goaler. To me, it requires timing and anticipation. It is easy to defend it if someone abuses of it, because I can reckognize the setup he uses to get to his trick and manage my defense according to my anticipation.

Then if the player is smart, he will change the setup for his next goal and is going to try using all of the things he knows to mindgame me and win. If I get scored always the same way, it means that there is a flaw in my defense.

That is also worth for instas. There is a way to defend them all, just take the time and try new defense setups. If you are well timed you can even use opponent's instas against him and even score off a couple instas he tries.

The opponent litterally gives the ball to you when he starts with it, how risky does that sounds? I wouldn't try to hit such a generous person at the first second of a play and miss the gift that is waiting behind my goaler.
----
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-nintendo-master

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

boohead86 wrote:
I agree with some of the rules, but i don't want the following,

1. Boo dekes/glitch

2. Teles.

3. Insta-chips.

4. No DK/Wally home

5. No Crystal Smash.

if most of these rules are applied I'll be okay with it.

lol

The only moves that should be banned are the Boo and DB glitch, just like what Ju said.

It'd make the tourney more interesting. The other moves are a part of the game and would make playing a lot more difficult
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien MSC

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Big Love to the Nintendo Master, speaking with reason against a speech full of fear, very reasonnable man. Very Happy

cyclops No more pity for defenders with stubborn disabilities. cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FS-Bowser

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 pm

can i get in? ill be onn and make insta chips legal please if u will let me get in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boohead86

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 pm

BMW_boy wrote:
can i get in? ill be onn and make insta chips legal please if u will let me get in

This tourney already happened you missed out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skittz

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 pm

boohead86 wrote:
BMW_boy wrote:

This tourney already happened you missed out.

Lol and it didnt turn out for shit lmao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup   

Back to top Go down

4-9-12 MSCTournament Double Elimination Information/Signup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1