HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics

Share | 
 

 Where's the little mushroom guy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony



Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 am

The more I play this game, the less I see of toad being played by anyone, people instead opting to go for the two boo combo rather than a mix, and its been that way for a long time. i remember one of the first 'tricks' in this game was the toad jump over the goalie. Im one of the few people that keeps the memory of toad alive, and it sucks that almost all people dont use toad anymore.

Long live the Fungi Toad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKelseyx

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 pm

My sidekicks would include a Toad if I was able to use him better, but I just can't use him well for some reason. I also kind of like Boo overall better than Toad, anyway(Not just in MSC).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2k.



Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Boo is strategically the best choice for tricking teams, Toad just mostly suits shooting teams....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-nintendo-master

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Anthony wrote:
The more I play this game, the less I see of toad being played by anyone, people instead opting to go for the two boo combo rather than a mix, and its been that way for a long time. i remember one of the first 'tricks' in this game was the toad jump over the goalie. Im one of the few people that keeps the memory of toad alive, and it sucks that almost all people dont use toad anymore.

Long live the Fungi Toad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, too, am part of the 1%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coheed&cambria

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:48 pm

i use toad and im a trickster. if you know how to use it, he kicks boos sorry marshmallow of an ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2k.



Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 pm

coheed&cambria wrote:
i use toad and im a trickster. if you know how to use it, he kicks boos sorry marshmallow of an ass
sorry CUDDLY marshmallow of an ass to you mister cc Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
E-Ray



Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Haha I laughed when I saw this, this is a work of art.

@ Jimmy: You know your 100% wrong lol, boo is superior to toad in just about every catagory besides maybe shooting but I could come up witha pretty good arguement against that even. Besides that not much is feasable.

@ Anthony and TNM: You guys are my heros just for using toad in this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKelseyx

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Boo Shooting >>> Toad Shooting

Jus' sayin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coheed&cambria

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:45 pm

@ eray, then dont i get mentioned as your hero too for using taod? bitch (D)

also lol, my toad team is soo much better than my boo, completely changes the way the game is played
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colygrim

avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 pm

xKelseyx wrote:
Boo Shooting >>> Toad Shooting

Jus' sayin'.

This is luck so it should be Boo=Toad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-nintendo-master

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Colygrim wrote:
xKelseyx wrote:
Boo Shooting >>> Toad Shooting

Jus' sayin'.

This is luck so it should be Boo=Toad

Boo can score from anywhere on the field with his skillshot. Toad cannot.

<3Eray
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coheed&cambria

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:53 pm

lol tnm, toads skillshot is better than boos, partially because it has a higher scoring percentage and partially because it always damages the keeper. it is easier to rebound, and even if you dont rebound it, kritter stays on fire for some time allowing easier goals.

toad shoots harder than boo, but boos shots start higher and end higher, making boo more useful for luck shooting. small characters have a sweet spot that is most easily hit by boo because of his shot trajectory, but when shooting off any type of pass or rebound, toad is more useful because of his stronger shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-nintendo-master

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm

coheed&amp;cambria wrote:
lol tnm, toads skillshot is better than boos, partially because it has a higher scoring percentage and partially because it always damages the keeper. it is easier to rebound, and even if you dont rebound it, kritter stays on fire for some time allowing easier goals.

toad shoots harder than boo, but boos shots start higher and end higher, making boo more useful for luck shooting. small characters have a sweet spot that is most easily hit by boo because of his shot trajectory, but when shooting off any type of pass or rebound, toad is more useful because of his stronger shots.

As a lifelong Toad AND Boo user, I have to disagree and agree with you.

Toad cannot make a skillshot next to the goalie. He will always miss. Boo, on the other hand, can make it right next to Kritter and actually has an almost 99% chance of making it in.

While Toad may light the goalie on fire, he needs a white ball for the ball to go in OR get a decent rebound (extremely rare case when a noncharged skillshot goes in). Boo's skillshot also has a great rebound potential when white, albeit not the 'auto goal' feature you get with Toad's. He can, however, make his uncharged skillshot the closer he is to the goalie.

Boo's arial shots seem to go in more than Toad's.

This is all empirical evidence though. But in my experience, although Toad is technically a better shooter, Boo's 'anywhere' skillshot really makes him 'better'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skittz



Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:47 pm

I also used toad in the early days in msc to jump the goalie, i thought it was quite funny to do. I do think that toad should be used more in trickster teams but Dry bones and Boo definatly come on top of Toad...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coheed&cambria

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 pm

tnm, i agree with you that the next to kritter free goal for boos skillshot is a great feature, it is worthless. any player other than yourself would just preform a trick if they were already tthat close to the goal rather than risk attempting a skillshot that kritter can save if youre too close or too far away. in addition, i think that toads skillshot has better percentage when not near the goalie. but like you say, that too is empirical evidence.

what is known, however, is that toad has a much faster skillshot release time. whether it is or isnt going to go in as much, you will certainly be able to get it off much more often. thus making it much more useful, in my opinion. great mindgame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKelseyx

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:00 am

Despite the fact that skillshots never seem to go in for me no matter who uses them, I think Toad's is definitely better. And in terms of shooting, I think Boo has the upper hand in all categories, including aerial shots. I can almost never, ever, ever score a shot with Toad, no matter where I shoot from or what type of shot it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-nintendo-master

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:08 pm

coheed&amp;cambria wrote:
tnm, i agree with you that the next to kritter free goal for boos skillshot is a great feature, it is worthless. any player other than yourself would just preform a trick if they were already tthat close to the goal rather than risk attempting a skillshot that kritter can save if youre too close or too far away. in addition, i think that toads skillshot has better percentage when not near the goalie. but like you say, that too is empirical evidence.

what is known, however, is that toad has a much faster skillshot release time. whether it is or isnt going to go in as much, you will certainly be able to get it off much more often. thus making it much more useful, in my opinion. great mindgame

Yeah, you're right about the trick part. Even a Toad trickster would do that.

His shot does release quicker, althought Boo's is unblockable once it reaches that stage when he becomes invisible to shoot the ball.

But like Kelsey said,

Boo's shots > Toad's shots
Toad's skillshot > Boo's skillshot (still circumstantial)

I'd pick Boo for shooting, but I love Toad and his skillshot so fuck it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hacked by MelBester9

avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm

people use 2 boos for the following reasons. They suck so they need 2 boos, they think its cool, they want to follow the crowd. Boo and Toad with Montey/Hammer bro = best shooting team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red9378

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 23
Location : Confirmed. Sending supplies.

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 pm

SUPERHOMBRE wrote:
people use 2 boos for the following reasons. They suck so they need 2 boos, they think its cool, they want to follow the crowd. Boo and Toad with Montey/Hammer bro = best shooting team

Maybe because the Boo's deke is far superior to the Toad's hop or the fact you can charge the ball more effectively with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/R9378
Hacked by MelBester9

avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Red9378 wrote:
SUPERHOMBRE wrote:
people use 2 boos for the following reasons. They suck so they need 2 boos, they think its cool, they want to follow the crowd. Boo and Toad with Montey/Hammer bro = best shooting team

Maybe because the Boo's deke is far superior to the Toad's hop or the fact you can charge the ball more effectively with it.
u only need 1 boo not 2 but sometimes i use 2 n boo deke is super cheap.


Last edited by SUPERHOMBRE on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 pm

what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red9378

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 23
Location : Confirmed. Sending supplies.

PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:26 pm

SUPERHOMBRE wrote:
Red9378 wrote:
SUPERHOMBRE wrote:
people use 2 boos for the following reasons. They suck so they need 2 boos, they think its cool, they want to follow the crowd. Boo and Toad with Montey/Hammer bro = best shooting team

Maybe because the Boo's deke is far superior to the Toad's hop or the fact you can charge the ball more effectively with it.
u only need 1 boo not 2 but sometimes i use 2 n boo deke is super cheap.
Let me rephrase myself. I rather use the Control Pad with the Boo so I can move the ball past defense, rather than hopping all over the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/R9378
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Where's the little mushroom guy?   

Back to top Go down
 
Where's the little mushroom guy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Definition of Mushroom
» Mushroom Hunting for AB
» Mushroom Kingdom II
» Mushroom is back
» Why would you sell this too kids?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strikers Cup League :: General MSC Discussion :: General MSC Discussion-
Jump to: